Saturday, August 28, 2010

Busy Little Ladybugs...

Tomorrow it is exactly ONE month until Addie turns the big O-N-E!  Can you believe it?  I can't!  Today was spent with cousin Maddie making Addison's birthday invites.  Good think we decided to start early, because these things are time consuming!  I should have known.  I always think things look much easier than they really turn out to be!

So, to make these.  I took a circle and traced the same size circle for the wings (red) and the inside (white).  You then would have to cut out the top part of the circle for the ladybug's head.  The head I had to freehand and once I had it perfected I just traced that one to make and cut out the rest.  You glue the head to the back piece (white circle) and then pin the wings on with brads.  I used card stock and it was super hard to get the brad through three sheet of card stock, so before I put it together I have to line everything up and punch holes. (this is what is taking so much time!!)  So when you open the wings it shows you the party info!  The eyes are just little circles that I traced and cut out and used a paper punch to make the black of the eye.  Last but not least the ladybug spots are little flower-like spots that I used a punch to make.  That is the pink thing in the picture below.  Put all of this together and you have yourself ONE CUTE LADYBUG!!

And for the finished product.......

Open the wings and there it is.  Addie's very first birthday party!  Oh, and I also used a ladybug stamp to accessorize the inside!  I did them lightly so you could still see the print, so you have to look close!
I have thirty of these to make and only have ten done!  Wish me luck!  Tomorrow we will be celebrating 11 whole months for our little Addie bug!  And the count down really begins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment