Friday, September 24, 2010

The Funny Things in Life...

It's funny sometimes when you look back at your life and wonder... What IF...

What IF I hadn't danced with Dan 11 years ago at the homecoming dance...
What IF we hadn't decided to call each other "girlfriend and boyfriend"...
What IF.... I guess I could keep going, but I am just going to accept that ultimately I am not the one in control here and I feel so blessed that my life has taken the direction is has.

Who would have thought that a middle school couple would be able to stay together this long, get married, and have a beautiful family.  Most would have laughed in our faces had we told them that 11 years ago.  We were so young.  I remember the night so well and how my friend Chelsea and I spent the entire night awake talking about the dance and dating Dan.  Seems so silly now!

So for some giggles, I thought I would share a picture of us from middle school!  I know, my hair... lets just say it was cool then, OK!  Oh, and those eyebrows of mine... just have to laugh there!  And look at Dan, what a scrawny little guy!  This is too funny!
So today we celebrate 11 years together and I still can not imagine my life without this man! 

I also realized that it has been 5 years ago today that I had my lasik surgery! I can still see well, so I am thankful for that too!
 __________________________________
On another note... I have LOTS of birthday wishes to make!! (Many are late...)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO...
 Grandpa Larry on Sept. 6
Cousin Spencer on Sept. 9
Aunt Terra on Sept. 17
Uncle Bob on Sept. 19
Auntie Em on Sept. 22
Uncle Max on Sept. 23
Aunt Raychel on Sept. 25
Aunt Amy on Sept. 25
Grandma Jen on Sept. 28
Addie on Sept. 29!!

Okay, better go and start planning what need to be done tomorrow for Addie's birthday party!  I am SO excited for Sunday! 

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck, Good Luck with the party!!!! :) We'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete