Monday, June 13, 2011

Last minute plans...

We don't pull off last minute plans often.  With a 1 year old, it is slightly difficult!  But, when my mom asked if we wanted to go to a parade with her and Max on Saturday, we agreed!  Dan had chores to do on the farm, so he couldn't go (bummer), but I thought Addie would like a parade.  So, we headed out, Addie having no nap...

She actually did really well and enjoyed the parade!  She was startled by all the sirens, but LOVED picking up candy!  She did really well with the candy and had a sucker during the parade, and opened one up after the parade as we were packing up our chairs.  I really didn't want her to have another, but I wasn't going to fight with her either, so I chose not to pick that battle!


Stole Momma's chair!

Waving at the horses...

BUSTED!!

After the parade we headed to the small carnival they had.  Addie had a blast playing games and going down the giant slide!  The fun ended when the lack of a nap caught up with Miss Addie!  We decided to head home and we weren't even out of town before she fell asleep.

 We met up with Mike's girlfriend Ariel and her family.  They are actually distant relatives of Dan, too!  This is Ariel's niece Savanah, who will be in Addison's class!  Addie really liked her, she kept putting her arm around her and giving her hugs.  I think they will be the best of friends!

As we were getting in our bags, Addie was ready to go down herself!
 weeee.....


Uncle Mike took Addie to play the duck game.  When she won her prize she just wanted to take one of the ducks...

but she did enjoy her fairy wand...

I was happy we decided to go, it was worth the lack of nap for Addison.  She had a blast, and so did the rest of us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment