Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oh, the Things We Do!!

I never thought in a million-gazillion years that I would be doing what I have been doing these past few days!  I grew up a town girl.  My chores consisted of doing the dishes and vacuuming the floor and I have always been extremely grossed out by farm life...lol!  I remember growing up and staying at one of my great friend's house and helping her with chicken chores.  We would go out and get the eggs and every now and then go out and watch baby pigs being born!  (sidenote for my friend Kayln...you remember when the lights went out on us while we were with the pigs...SO creepy.  Got to love the great memories we have shared!)  Anyway on with the story... I hated farm life.  And now somehow is has become the center of our lives!

My wonderful husband has been so busy lately trying to keep up his dairy farm and his full-time job that we have not been able to see much of him lately.  It's been quite a drag for Addie and I, we miss daddy when he is gone!  Considering I only work at my job about 10hrs/week I decided that it was time for me to step up to the plate and help my poor hard-working husband out.  Mainly for selfish reasons...the main one being so I could spend more time with him and get him home sooner!

I began helping him yesterday, and to my surprise.....I enjoyed it -- A LOT!  Don't get me wrong, it is a LOT of hard work.  I have not worked so hard probably my entire life.  I enjoyed that alone time with my husband, which seems to be a rare commodity these days.  We had a lot of fun together.  The scooping of the poo and the other "gross" things I had to do didn't seem so bad with him by my side!  I even got to learn how to drive the skid loader!  Took a little practice, but I am getting the hang of things!  And what is work if I am not wearing cute boots??  Don't you just love my yellow polka-dot boots!

I don't think I have ever been so tired and worn out at the end of the day!  ugh...  It all starts over again tomorrow so I better get rested up!

Oh...and moving!  We should start moving around next weekend.  Dan's parents will be moving this weekend and I want to take the week to paint and clean before we move our things in.  We are in no rush, other than it would be nice to get there so we are not driving back and forth all the time.  We are still working on selling our house, but we will continue to pray that it sells soon!  Hope everyone has a great night!  I am off to bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment