So...last night at the spur of the moment we added this little fellow to the Garbes clan. It's kind of a long story, but I will try to tell it in a shorter version...
I get a call yesterday afternoon from a client of mine. They said that they found this puppy and could not keep it for many reasons. The police dept. said that they had no reports of a missing puppy and they were needing a home for it. They called friends they could trust and no one would take the poor thing, so they call me. I know, strange! I don't think too many people call thier social worker to see if they would take a lost puppy! They said they knew we lived on a farm and it would go to a great home, so they thought they would give me a try. And of course the soft-hearted person I am, I said we would take care of him.
I went to pick him up last night and right away noticed how skinny he was. They had tried to feed him, but he would not eat. I figured he probably had worms and was not feeling very well. When I brought him home he acted pretty sick so I decided to call the vet. Thank goodness we have a vet friend who came over right away to take a look at him. Gave him IV fluids and some wormer to make him feel better. We noticed a difference right away, but he was still a sick pup.
The vet was pretty sure he is a puggle (cross between a pug and beagle), is about 8 weeks old, and that he is deaf. He thought that may have been the reason he was dumped. He is severely malnourished and appears that he was abused in some way. He is still very scared of us, but I think after a few days he will warm up.
The police dept. know that we have him if anyone reports a missing puppy, but we are certain that this will more than likely be his permanent home (much to Emma's dismay)! I think she is kind of upset right now that I have him in the house! We plan on keeping in the house until he gets better, but he will be an outside dog when that time comes.
So here is the newest addition...
We don't have a name for him yet...we are working on that! If you have any ideas feel free to share!
Oh MY!! What a cutie!!! :)
ReplyDelete