Friday, January 7, 2011

Our first story hour...

...was a HUGE success!  Addie absolutely loved it!  In fact, she loved it so much, that she threw a fit when it was time to leave!  She was very reluctant to participate in the beginning, but began to open up towards the end.  I'm hoping that after a few weeks, she will be as rambunctious as all the other kiddos there!

On top of going for the first time, we also got a library card!!  We are attending at a library out of town because our local library does not do story hour any longer.  I decided since we would be going once a week that I would just get a card there!  Addie checked out her first two books, and we have been reading them ever since!  We got an animal sign language book and a book called My World, which is a companion to Good Night Moon (one of Addie's favs)!

We had such a great day today, and to top it all off...Addie went poo in to the potty!!!!!!  I am sure she is really going to love me when she gets older!  Addison has been doing SO well with going in the potty.  She usually only has 1-2 wet diapers all day long!  She now starts playing with her diaper when she has to go, so she is giving me little cues.  Last night she came and got me, took my hand and led me to the potty!  Still pretty reluctant with taking it further, though.  I am unsure of how to handle things in public.  She will not go on a big potty without her seat, and I can not drag that everywhere with us.   I am just going to keep taking things slow.

It was a GOOD day!

And now some pictures to share...

Snuggling up on the couch with a blanket...our favorite winter activity!

Turning on her car...

Doing the Itsy Bitsy Spider with Mommy!

Addie got this TMX Tickle Me Elmo for Christmas, and she was very unsure of it at first.  Now, she thinks it is the funniest thing!  Elmo rolls on the floor, kicks his legs, bends over, falls down, and gets up...it is pretty crazy!

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment