Friday, August 12, 2011

Blank Park Zoo!

Last Saturday we made a trip to the Blank Park Zoo.  Addison had a blast while we were there!  She loves animals, and she really surprised us at what animals she knew!!  She of course knew the monkeys, birds, turtles, fish, etc.  When we walked up to the ostrich, we figured she would call them a bird, but she knew what they were (who knew?!!), she was also able to show us the giraffe, and knew the difference between a lion and tiger!  Her ability to learn astonishes us every day.

Here are some pictures from our trip...
Addie being a goofball on our way there...




pointing at the monkey...

Apparently we hit the zoo at nap time.  If you ask Addie today what the lions and tigers were doing at the zoo, she will tell you that they were sleeping on the rocks!



I seriously thought she was going to try to jump in with the fishies...


Our attempt at a family picture.  Thinking we probably should have attempted this at the beginning of the visit, not when we were exhausted from a long day at the zoo, and overdue for a nap!

Daddy and Addie...

Addie loved playing around in the egg.

At the end of the day we decided to take Addie to the gift shop to pick something out from our trip.  She of course picked out a t-shirt.  She has a love for clothes and shoes, just like her mommy!  BUT, the only problem was she picked out a shirt that said, "I'm a big sister!"  I know that someday she will be, but that is not the case right now, so we had to battle with her a little to get a different one!  We don't need everyone thinking things...  She ended up with a shirt that has a panda on it.  I will have to make sure I get a picture soon!
______________________________________________
We also spent some time at the hotel, which we made sure had a pool.  Addie had a blast swimming with Daddy!!

I love taking these little trips with my family!  Life is GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment