It is hard to wrap our minds around having a two year old, especially when it feels like yesterday that the little 7lb. 7oz. girl was placed into our arms. We have honestly enjoyed every moment of parenthood...even the bad, because honestly the good outweighs all the bad we have to deal with! Dan and I are both VERY proud parents and I have enjoyed watching our family evolve into who we are today.
Today, we have a wild little thing who does NOT forget a thing! This girl remembers everything you tell her, so beware...do NOT promise her something that you will not follow through with, she WILL let you know! For example...about a month ago when Sunday School began, my uncle asked Addie if she wanted to come over and see all of them. Addie was ALL excited to go see them and continued to ask for them all. day. long. Problem was, they had other plans and were not going to be home. Lesson learned! The other night to delay bed time (which she does frequently) she asked me if I could paint her nails. I told her it was too late and we would have to do it tomorrow. Guess who woke up asking for her nails to be painted?!!
Man, can this girl talk! She talks all day long! I am amazed of how she is able to put sentences together and is very good at getting her point across. She talks in third person most of the time, which I understand is normal. I think it is adorable!
Addie can count to ten. Some of her numbers come out kind of funny, but she does it! When you ask you how old she is, she proudly states TWO, but holds up five fingers in a curled up sort of manner because she has a hard time holding the two fingers down! She knows her colors very well. There are still a few colors that mess her up, like teal. She doesn't know whether to call it green or blue. We just keep it to the basics. She loves putting puzzles together, and it actually pretty good with them!
She is very independent. She likes to do anything she can on her own, but will ask for help when she needs to. She is always saying, "No, Addie do it herself!" When she needs help she gets a little confused and will say, "Mom, you help you, me?" She isn't quite sure which phrase to use, so she covers her bases!
She loves to claim her family...as of now anyway! It's too cute, when we are in public and people are walking by she will proudly proclaim, "Addie's Mom, or Addie's Dad." Just in case the person walking by needed to know! Last weekend at the apple orchard, Dan and I had to run and pick a few more apples. We left Addie with Grandma Dawn, who reported that Addie continued asking, "Where's Addie's Mom and Dad?"
She is officially POTTY TRAINED!! I can not express how much work this takes away from parenthood. She loves wearing her big girl undies and will proudly wear them around the house! We are doing great at recognizing when we have to go #2, which is a huge feat! But, when she says she has to poop, you RUN to the bathroom!! We still wear a pull up to bed, even though she wakes up dry 90% of the time. She still likes to have milk before bed and until we can cut liquids at a certain time at night, I think we continue with that.
She eats very well, minus the veggie department. That darn Daddy is a bad influence when it come to eating your veggies! I try to sneak them in when I can, but I find that harder as she gets older. Her favorite foods are chicken, yogurt, cheese, and pancakes. She does not like to sit in a booster or high chair and has not for some time. She prefers to eat on the bench by mommy or daddy.
Bath time has turned into shower time. This girl really prefers showers for some reason. Now that she isn't in diapers it doesn't bother me as much. We try to make sure she gets a bath (so she can soak) at least every few days. Typically it is a battle to get her in, but she is fine once she is playing.
Addie loves playing with her babies, reading books, dancing, doing your hair, jumping in her bouncy house, coloring, and putting stickers on everything. These are her favorite activities inside, but really prefers to be outside with mom or dad. She likes to do a lot of things outside, but her main favs are her swing and slide. She also loves helping daddy with the cows!
The BIG girl is about 30 lbs. and 35 inches (by my measuring). She is mainly in size 3T, except for jeans. She is in 2T. I have a hard time finding jeans that stay up now that she does not have a diaper. She wears size 7 shoes, and still has not lost the chubbiness for her feet!
She loves to dress herself, which is interesting some days. I think that there are days when I do a load of laundry just for her because she keeps changing her clothes. She does a great job with her pants, but typically needs help changing her shirt. I have learned to keep ALL things you do not want her to wear out of her sight!
Her routine has remained the same since I went back to work. She sleeps as I get ready, Dan comes in and gets her ready for the day. He has been doing a great job on her hair! She is at daycare on Monday and half days on Wednesday and Friday when Grandma Dawn picks her up early. On Tuesday and Thursday she is with Grandma Judy, on Thursday they are here. She does well, but is very clingy to mommy when I get home. I will never complain though. I miss her so much during the day it is SO nice to come home and cuddle with her!
Like I said, not all moments are wonderful with Addie. We struggle with not getting our way at times, and sometimes it appears that the world might end, but we make it through. Time-out is not Addie's friend and she avoids it most of the time when warned. I think she sits in time-out probably a few times per week. Don't think we are doing too bad.
Well, I hope I remembered everything, if not I will add to the post! For now, here are some more pictures from her birthday...
We are looking forward to see what year #2 brings for us! We could not imagine our lives any different. We love you Addison Marie! Happy 2nd birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment