Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! A day to celebrate our love for our one true Valentine. I decided to dedicate my blog today to my Valentine, my husband Dan. Dan and I have been together since we were in 8th grade. Friendship grew into love and soon we were inseparable. Dan asked me to marry him on May 5, 2005. We married on September 9, 2006 in a beautiful ceremony, celebrating with our family and friends. It was one of the happiest days of my life! I remember going home that night and thinking about how much my cheeks hurt because I had been smiling all day long! We spent our honeymoon in Mexico (I wish we were there now) and that is where we took my all-time favorite snap-shot of us on the beach.



Throughout the years our love continued to grow and so did the thought of having children. We always knew that we wanted children, but the question always was "WHEN??" We found out that we would be expecting our first child on January 23, 2009. We were so excited yet very scared to start this new chapter in our lives. Our love grew even more in those 9 months of pregnancy. He was one of the most protective husbands EVER! He was always holding my hand while I walked, just in case I might fall. He would do anything to make my world a little easier and still does to this day.

On September 29, 2009 we welcomed our daughter, Addison Marie into our lives. This was the best day of our lives! Our love has grown even more since Addison was born and Dan has become a wonderful father to Addison. We have come to realize what is important in our lives and many things that mattered before do not matter now. We live our lives for our daughter and love her more than words can describe. I love my family so much it almost hurts.

Before Addison arrived I would come home to flowers every Valentine's Day. I have gotten flowers since we were in 8th grade. This is one of the many funny memories we have. In 8th grade I actually did not get the flowers on Valentine's Day because the florist forgot to deliver mine...lol! Dan called me that night (I am upset because I didn't think he got me anything) and asked how I liked my flowers. Needless to say I received them the next day! We have so many precious memories together and are so excited to create more with Addison. This year, realizing that there are truly more important things, we are going to spend our Valentine's Day very simply as a family. He has already given me the greatest gift in the world, our daughter!

Happy Valentine's Day to my super, caring, terrific, loving, thoughtful, devoted husband...I love you!!

I know that I said I would dedicate our blog to my wonderful husband, but I have to include the pictures of Addison I have taken in all her Valentine's Day clothes. I thought that I might get her a little outfit to wear, but soon realized that her closet was full of clothes with hearts on them!

What a cutie in her little outfit from our friends Zach and Kacie! Hands always in her mouth!!


Another cute outfit with hearts all over from Grandma Jen! Look at her with her little hood up!

This photo session was not much of a success.  Apparently kicking her legs and watching her feet are more important than her momma trying to take a picture of her!

Look at the BIG girl sitting on the floor.  She can sit for long periods of time now.  She sat here for about 8 min. all by herself! Look at the little heart outfit from our friends Scott and Chelsea!
Here she is in her little Ralph Lauren dress.  It is already kind of tight on her!  Thank you cousin Brenda for her pretty little dress!
Happy Valentines Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment