One year later we have so much to be thankful for! Motherhood has come much easier than I thought it would. Dan and I have molded into our roles as parents with ease, which is something to be very thankful for! The greatest gift in our lives was given to us over a year ago and the blessings she has brought to us is more than we could have ever asked for. I could go on and on about what I am thankful for each and every day, but I think everyone who knows our family will know that we are so very thankful for everyone and everything in our lives!
What I really want to give thanks to tonight is the fact that Thanksgiving and so many other holidays bring our family together! It stinks that our family is really only together a handful of times per year and if I had the choice it would be at least one weekend a month! It is so much fun to have them around and Addie loves seeing her family. There is so much love around us, now THAT is something to be thankful for!
We had three Thanksgiving festivities to attend this year. We had our last one this Saturday at our home. Our home is small, but that just means we get to be close and don't miss a thing! My kitchen, normally a one-person kitchen, had about 6 of us cooking our Thanksgiving feast! We had great food, lots of laughter, a little snoring, football, and some nose-pickin'...give you one guess who that was!! There will be a picture to follow! We had a great time in this little home.
Here are some pics that momma snapped when she wasn't busy in the kitchen!!
Little Miss walked around with black olives on her fingers. She thought it was the coolest thing, but when she went to eat one, it was spit out in someone's hand! They must have been okay to lick... She would also walk up to various people and try to feed them the black olive!
Here is our little nose-picker!! Our day is not fulfilled if we do not catch Addison with her finger stuck up her nose at least once!
And what is a holiday with our family without the Wii?!! They gave Addie a control without batteries, she thought she was big stuff!
The Wii was played in our bedroom! So everyone piled on our bed and played games!
Addie was in rare form on Saturday. In the past she has been pretty shy around people she doesn't see all the time. She did some of that, but most of the day she was acting like a goofball and would really go to just about anyone! If she happened to do something and people started laughing at her, she would keep doing it and giggle at herself...show off!! Here she is with cousin Jaime, whom she has only seen twice now!
And the day is also not complete if she doesn't run around the house and play with her uncles! Uncle Mike was running her around the house chasing Uncle Max, and here he was crawling around the house with Addie. She kept giggling so hard that she would fall down!
Thanksgiving morning we got up to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade before we headed to the Garbes' for dinner! When Elmo and the Sesame Street gang came on the television, Addie went WILD! She was pointing, yelling, and dancing! She really loves her Elmo!
I don't think I could have pulled her away from the t.v. if I wanted to!
These pictures, the memories, is what I am thankful for each and every day. We hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their families. God Bless!
Keep a look out for more posts from our weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment