Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Addie can read her name!!

On Sunday I was baking in the kitchen, when Addie walked over to the fridge to a page that Max had colored for her.  Max had written "To:Addie, From:Max" on the top.  She pointed to her name and said "Addie!"  I really didn't believe it at first, so about ten minutes later I pointed to her name and asked what it said.  Plain as day, she told me "Addie!"

Today I wrote her name on a piece of paper and she recognized it again!  This girl is just TOO DANG SMART!  She surprises us each and every day!!

On a side note, she has also learned MY name!  While we were out at some garage sales, she picked up on the fact that no one else was calling me Mom, so she thought she would call me Sarah a few times as well!  Last night Dan called my name to ask me a question, and little Addie ran out to me, calling me Sarah.  The fun has just begun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment