Monday, May 2, 2011

busy, busy weekend...

What a busy weekend we had!  On Friday we left a couple of hours before story hour to go and see a few of my hospice patients.  I still volunteer and see a couple patients every month, and every few months I take Addie to see them as well.  They love to see her and it is a great experience for Addie.  We then went to story hour, which was pretty uneventful.  Minus getting whacked in the head with the puppet show curtain rod by another little boy there.  We left with a big honkin' goose egg, but she was fine!  Friday night was our girl's night, which was a blast!

On Saturday morning we were up early to go to a children's fair that was held in Fredericksburg.  To my surprise it was just as much a benefit to me as it was to Addie and Max!  They had lots of resources for children and information for parents as well.  I was able to gather lots of information for the parents and children I work with!  They had games for the kids, lots of free little toys and books, free eye exam, and a free ID card.  I thought this was pretty awesome!   So here is Addison and Max at an activity.  Addie really liked putting the letters on the pan and I am going to have to get a pan out for her to do that with her letters at home!
I didn't get anymore pictures than this because Addie was a handful to keep up with!

I wanted to go back to the ID cards that were provided.  It is a wonderful idea to have one!  They took Addie's picture, her fingerprint, and the information like her height/weight/age, and put it on this card.  So if anything were to happen you have this available.  So, here is the funny part.  Addie is still somewhat afraid of strangers and did not take a very good picture!  When Dan saw it he had to laugh and asked that if Addie went missing was this the picture they would use.  He didn't know if this would be a good one for the milk carton.  What a crazy man!  BUT, all joking aside, it is a wonderful thing to have!  AND we just had to scan that picture for you to see...
Doesn't she look thrilled to have her picture taken?!!

So, on Saturday night Dan surprised me and asked if we wanted to have a date night!  I of course said YES and we went out for supper to the store.  It was a great night!  Sunday was pretty uneventful.  I had to teach Sunday school, we skipped church because it was Confirmation Sunday, and it was packed, so we enjoyed some family time at home!  Now, we just wait for next weekend...Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment