Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Garbes' Normal Household Items!

As I did the dishes today I began to think of how many things have changed in my life since Addison's arrival.  There are so many things in our house that if a stranger would walk in they would 100% conclude that there was a baby living here.  From the high chair to the crib in her room, it is pretty evident that a tiny creature roams this household.  I then began to think of all the odd items or the "non-typical-baby" items that you learn work so well for the task at hand...

For example you may walk into our home and see this...
Doesn't everyone save their Fareway cottage cheese containers??
Well...WE DO!  These work great to unthaw breast milk for Addie!  I set the bag in these, stick them in the fridge, and by tomorrow we have milk for Addie!  We have had some trouble with little holes in a few of the bags, so it also catches the milk if it does leak out!  And if you need to unthaw on the go...just put the lid on!

Or you may see this...
This is a Tupperware gravy shaker (yes, usually used for gravy)....but not in this house!  In this house you will find breast milk!  It is great to put your breast milk in and keep in the fridge once your bags are unthawed.  Easy to read the ounces on the side and shake before pouring in the bottle!

If you are around while Addie is getting her diaper changed (and trust me...there are times when you will definitely want to stay clear!!)...
You will find her diaper changing basket.  Convenient to take wherever you change her diaper.  Which usually ends up being on the floor or the ottoman!

And then there are times when I am really forced to be creative.  Part of this comes from the OCD side of me who needs all things in my life organized.  If you go to Addie's closet...you may see this...
 From an old hanger to a "cool" hanger with ribbon to put Addison's bows, flowers, and headbands on to keep organized.  I was so sick of trying to dig all of this out.  I made this yesterday so we will see how it works!
 Even Addison enjoyed it!!

As I washed those cottage cheese containers today, I also thought about how our life has truly been blessed with this sweet, vibrant, little girl, whom we love so very much! How we adapt our lives to make them easier, especially with a baby.  I could not imagine life without our little Addie and all the little things we now have come to accept as "normal household items."

No comments:

Post a Comment