We celebrated Addison's first birthday this Sunday! We had TONS of family at our house and I learned that our house really is small!! Good thing we are a close family! Addie is SO loved...it was all around our little home!
Along with all of these family and friends came PRESENTS! And LOTS of them! Addie's little corner is getting bigger and I am afraid that it will soon become our entire living room if she gets any more toys! She had a blast opening her presents. She liked opening the cards the most (strange, I know...) and she would give me a look like "why are you taking that away, I just got it" when we would move to the next present. At the end of the day our living room was full of cardboard and toys! Most of the presents were open before everyone left, thanks to Max and Jasmine!! The other thing I learned is that stores are REALLY paranoid that their toys will be stolen. They were attached in every possible place and it took forever to get toys out of their boxes.
I am a person who plans and plans and likes things to go the way you have always pictured things to go. I should really say that I used to be that person! After having children, one thing you learn is you NEVER know what is going to happen and you really just need to go with the flow. For Addison's party I had an entire outfit planned for her. It consisted of a ladybug birthday shirt that I designed (My aunt owns a screen printing business so I had some connections there!) We made a tutu to match, she had little ladybug wings and black leggings, and her little piggy tails (antennas) to top it off. She would not wear the tutu or the wings, so we ended up with our birthday shirt and some jeans. Oh well! I tried to at least put on the wings and she immediately started crying. All I know it that it would have been adorable. But really, she is adorable in just about anything she wears! So here is a picture of the shirt that was made just for Addie on her first birthday!!
As an activity for the kids, I had stuff for them to make their own ladybug antennas. Here is Max and Jasmine with theirs!! I said it was for the kids, but us adults were actually making them to wear too!!
Last, but not least, we had a ladybug pinata! The kids had a blast with it, but we had to let Addie have the first hit! I put some infant cereal bars in there for Addie since she can't eat candy. We thought we were being smart putting a blanket on the ground to catch the candy, but it still ended up all over the grass! It was fun though! Dan had a blast pulling it away from the kids when they would swing! We even decided to have them blindfolded!
Now for some other cute pictures...
We were SO lucky that it was such a nice day. All that hard work payed off! Addie had such a wonderful party! Thank you to all of our family that came to celebrate with us and made Addison's first birthday party special! We love you all! I would also like to thank you for all the noise making toys (insert sarcasm)!!
The noise makers really did come in handy today when I had about 3 hours of clean-up to do after the party. I truly think that cleaning after the party is more work than the party itself! What a mess opening a few dozen toys can make!!
We are excited to celebrate Addison's actual birthday on Wednesday! She is also finally getting her one year pics...on her actual one year birthday! How cool is that?!! She is 52 weeks tomorrow! Then we leave for Wisconsin at the end of the week! I think things will start to slow down after that...I hope!
~Be sure to scroll down to see her other birthday post!~
~Be sure to scroll down to see her other birthday post!~
No comments:
Post a Comment