Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Big Girl on the Potty...

For the past few weeks, Addie has been showing signs that she might be ready to start potty training.  She hates to be in a wet diaper and will either go get me a diaper to change her, or she just tries to get it off.  Her diaper isn't even very wet when she does it, so we thought that she might be ready.  She had also been waking up in the morning with a dry diaper.


So, for Christmas Dan and I decided to get her a potty and see what happened.  I put her on it for the first time on Sunday night.  She stood up and sat down about a hundred times, but no production.  Yesterday, I sat her on a few times during the day and got about the same reaction.  Last night before her bath I sat her on the potty for a few minutes and long behold, SHE WENT POTTY IN IT!!!  Dan and I were both standing there, and Addison's reaction was priceless.  I think she surprised herself too!  She got up looked in and we all started clapping.  I got some toilet paper to wipe and she took it out of my hands and started wiping herself!  I still can not believe it!  She has been sat on the potty a few times this morning and has not gone.  I don't know if this is a fluke or not, but until she starts fussing about sitting on the potty I am going to keep it up!  I don't want to push her, so we are not taking things too serious, she is only 15 months old (tomorrow)!  Would it not be awesome to have her potty trained?!!  No more diapers...sounds like a dream!

Here is Addie sitting on her potty for the very first time!!

It is so hard to think that raising kids can go this quickly.  Seems like she was just learning to crawl, and now we are working on potty training!  Makes me that much more happy about the decisions I made to stay home with her most of the time and only work part time!  Time goes WAY too quickly not to enjoy her as much as I possibly can.  I have a terrible feeling that before I know it she will be starting school...

No comments:

Post a Comment