Today we had plans to have lunch with my friend, stop at my work office, and then do a little shopping for Addison's room. The day didn't start off well. We left later than planned and the wind was terrible driving in! It just got worse... I pulled up to the office, get out of the car to get Addie out, and hear a sizzling noise coming from my car. After an inspection I find a HUGE nail in my tire! UGH! I was then frantically finding a place to get it fixed before it went flat. Thank goodness my best friend Laura came and got us to eat lunch while it was getting done. I could not imagine sitting in a tire place for 45 minutes attempting to entertain a 18-month old!
Because of the time the tire took, we didn't have time to go anywhere but Target. I didn't find anything I was looking for, but did find some other great deals! I found 3 dresses for Addie this summer for $4 each!! By this time Addie was extremely grumpy and needed a nap! So we headed home, I dropped Addie off with my aunt, and headed to work. Went to my first visit, and got to my second visit to find no one home! I guess that can also be a plus because I got off work early, but no work = no pay...
On my mind all day was also a text I got earlier this week, especially since I was in Cedar Falls. One of my great friends shared with me that she got into grad school at UNI. Don't get me wrong, I am SOOO happy for her, but I can't help but be mad that it isn't me. We planned on applying together and having a blast, just like in our undergrad. But life has taken us a different direction. Before we moved to the farm we decided I should go back, I was all ready to apply, had my references asked, and paperwork started. Then our other house didn't sell...and didn't sell...and when it finally did sell (after 6months of having two mortgages) it sold for a fraction of what we bought it for. It made me so angry that we had to go through what we did. Oh, who am I kidding? It STILL makes me angry! It was after this that we made the decision that I couldn't go back to school right now. We could not afford for me to not work for a year. So here I am right now, just sad that I can't further my education when I so desperately want to. I know that life is NOT planned by ME, and God has a plan, and I need to trust in that. I think now is a good time to give up that control. To trust in Him, and know that He knows best. For now I will just work VERY hard on the goals Dan and I set up before I go back. It may take awhile, but it is definitely necessary! So here goes to paying down some debt (on a house we no longer own...grrr) and setting up an emergency fund! I am thinking now that I should go back when our kids start school, so I can truly enjoy the time that my kids are little. Guess we will see where God takes our family...
Okay, I think I am done. I just needed to do a little venting! I will be so ready to leave on Thursday! My parents are also coming home tomorrow. My mom is such a support and I really have missed that as well this past week! Here's to a better day tomorrow!
So sorry for your bad luck!
ReplyDeleteDo you follow Dave Ramsey?
I agree. Wait until your done having babies and they go to school then you can focus on yourself. They are only little once so soak up all that baby goodness!
Hang in there Sarah! Sorry you had such bad luck...
ReplyDelete