The first day we arrived we really just hit the water park and went our for supper. Addie absolutely would not go into the water unless Dan or I were holding her. She went down the little kids slide with me a couple of times, but she was very reluctant. I think part of it was the noise and partly the chilliness of the water when you first got in. She did have fun with Daddy playing with the water...
The second day we headed to the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium. Addie had a BLAST. We were there all morning and Dan and I both felt that we could have spent much more time there, but we began to run into Addie's nap time and we all know how kiddos begin to act when a nap is needed! We decided to eat a late lunch, since we had a big breakfast. We left the museum around 12:30pm, and Addie was out within 5 minutes of getting into the car! Here are just a fraction of the pictures taken!
starfish...
Shark!!
in the beaver cave...
attempted a family picture...it's hard with a big camera!
She loved the turtles! Dan and I loved the way she was saying turtle!
HUGE catfish...
We attempted the water park later in the afternoon and for the second day, Addie continued to dislike the water. We didn't spend too much time there before we decided to hit the arcade they had at the hotel. Addie had a blast with a little bee game where you had to step on the lights. She was prancing around it! She also loved shooting baskets with Daddy! We had such a long day that Addie was in bed early.
She was definitely ready to go to the pool, or just get out of the room! Dancing in her new sandals!
It was hard to keep Addie in the room because she learned how to open the door. She would unlock the dead bold and wiggle the door until the hook came undone. There was no stopping Addie from going where she wanted to go!
Our third, and last morning, we decided to attempt the water park one last time. Wouldn't you know...she loved it! We decided to blow up her floating device and just put her in. She screamed for a few minutes, but then realized that it was pretty fun. She especially loved to watch all the big kids run around, as she is doing in this picture.
We had a great time, but were really ready to get home today. It is hard with a little one and being so out of routine! When we got home today (after breaking into the house because our key was not where is was supposed to be) Addie was doing her little gid-up all around the house. I think she was especially happy to be home! I am so grateful for the time away and I think we will definitely go back. When I showed Max the pictures tonight he was wishing he could have gone! So I guess we will go back with Uncle Max!
No comments:
Post a Comment