When we first began going to story hour a few months ago, Addie could not stand to keep her name tag on. Now she not only keeps hers on the rest of the day, she puts mine on too! She will point to it and say "me!" The other day I had a pad of small sticky notes out and she took one and put it on her shirt. Funny how her little mind works!
Addie just loves going to story hour and she has been much better with her behavior these past few weeks. The only problem we still have is taking books off the shelf. She will just go up and get one, bring it over and start to read it! I suppose I can't complain too much about that. I think her favorite part, though, is when we sing songs. She definitely has her favorites and LOVES when we sing them at home.
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention Addie at her finest when we went to story hour last week! We sing a cookie song during story hour that ALL the kids look forward to. Dana, our leader, puts felt cookies up on a board and we sing a song. Each child gets called up to go and get a cookie. This is one of Addie's favorites! On this particular day there were ten kids. Addie was impatiently waiting for her name to be called. She would get up and I would have to sit her back down. She REALLY wanted to get up there to pick out her cookie! So, you would think that when her name is actually called she would go up and get that cookie she has been so desiring for the past five minutes....but, NO! She walks half-way up to the board, proceed to fall to the floor, and roll around the middle of the circle giggling as all the other mothers and kids are giggling with her. I still have no idea what came over her, but she is DEFINITELY her father's daughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment